Overview: Waze is a free social mobile app that enables drivers to build and use live maps, real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn navigation for an optimal commute. 100% powered by users the more you drive the better it gets.
Waze is a fun, community-based traffic & navigation app, 30 million strong. Join forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time & gas money, and improve everyone's daily commute.
With community-generated real-time traffic, you'll always get the best route to your destination. By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts coming up on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared gas prices.
Now Waze makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road. Easily meet up, pick up friends, share your drive and ETA, and see who's headed to your destination too!
It's all about contributing to, and benefiting from, the 'common good' out there on the road, so hop on board, and get involved in your local driving community today!
- Live routing based on community-generated real-time traffic and road info
- Community-contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, and more.
- Complete voice-guided navigation.
- Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change.
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes.
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route.
- Meet-up! Pick up friends, share your drive on a live map, see friends also on the way to your destination.
- Join or create groups to share info about your commute.
- Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info.
- Live maps, constantly updated by Waze community map editors.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze automatically shuts down if it's in the background and you haven't driven for a while.